Travel back in time to February, 1890. A plan for a subdivision has been submitted to the Salt Lake County Recorder’s office, laying out part of the community called “Arlington Heights” between 700 and 800 South, and between 1000 East and 1300 East.
The original proposal for this part of Arlington Heights included a park (aptly named Arlington Park) running through the middle of the community from 1100 East all the way to 1200 East. Two bridges, one over 1100 East and one over Elizabeth Street, would allow easy access to the entire park. In addition, a dam would create a large lake with steps and walkways flanking it.
Did Margaret Street, Elizabeth Street, Catherine Street, or the park ever actually exist in reality? Click here to see how it looks today.